Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Wait...

As the sun decides that enough is enough,

And starts his journey back home,

I wait, though I know not what for.

Do I wait for the sky to turn black,

And bathe the earth, making it clean?

Or do I sit here idle, waiting,

For the trees to shed the remains of their clothes?

Or do I wait for the earth to be shrouded,

In as white a garment as the color of wisps of cloud,

On a bright and sunny day?

Or do I wait for the sun to blaze in all its glory,

Scorch the earth as if to bake it?

Or do I wait for the Nature to show that everything,

Everything that we have lost over the year,

Can in fact come back?

That the world again shall be green?

That the chirping of birds would still be heard?

That all is not lost but just in hiding till the worst is over?

I wait, though I know not what for.

1 comment:

Swapnil Vashishtha said...

lots of thanks to time..............................at last it reminds the irony of human and messenger
\