Monday, March 22, 2010

Dream

When I woke up this morning, my eyes were moist,
Though for a moment the reason eluded me,
But then it hit me, it had been you,
Crying in the dream.

I had held you close to me,
So close that your breath became mine,
So close that a salty taste lingered upon my lips,
There as you laid in my arms, and cried.

I try hard now to remember the details,
But to my dismay, just the tears are clear as day,
Everything else seems so distant,
Hidden, it seems, in the folds of my brain.

People would say, it was just a dream,
But how could I have felt your weight,
On my shoulders, and the wetness of your eyes?
So much so, that I was moved to tears?

I now just rejoice the fact that I held you,
And gave you something to lean on.
Even if I had seen your face, what could I do?
Console you for what you felt in the sub-conscious realm?

No comments: